🤔 About the Role:
We are looking for an experienced, forward-thinking Prescribing Clinical Pharmacist to remotely manage patients with long-term conditions in a Primary Care setting
You will run your own clinic from home and work with other members of our clinical team. You will report to our Medical Director - Dr Anthony Langham. This is a full-time (FT) role with a minimum 6-month contract, that is flexible and can be extended.
Pro rata salary - £48,000 - £56,000 (depending on experience)
Benefits: Flexible working, 40 days Annual Leave, budget for learning and wellbeing
Hours per week - 40hrs per week
Location: Remote within the UK
👋 About Suvera:
Suvera is a digital health start-up on a mission to keep people in good health wherever they are in the world. We are backed by Google for Startups and the preeminent, global healthcare and technology venture capital firm Morningside Ventures, led by Dr. Gerald Chan.
We partner with general practices in the UK to deliver a virtual-first clinic that proactively supports the management of patients with long-term conditions. Today, we support the management of over 4,000 patients and have a robust pipeline to more than 10x that this year.
We are team of less than 30 with phenomenal advisors, including Professor Bryan Williams who is the chair of Medicine at UCL and the man behind high blood pressure guidelines for the UK. We are a cross-functional team of people from all backgrounds, including our own internal Care Team which employs both clinicians and care advisors.
We have honest ambitions to become the largest healthcare provider in the world.
💻 What you'll be doing:
- The post holder will work within their clinical competencies to provide specialist pharmaceutical support to patients that Suvera is supporting via our NHS Partners.
- Working across multiple partner organisations, the role will have a predominantly patient facing element. Including chronic disease management, repeat prescription management and structured medication reviews.
- The post holder will need to be proactively involved in quality improvement and audit as well as managing some aspects of the Quality and Outcomes Framework.
- The post holder will be supported to help develop the role as the clinical team grows.
- Collecting and recording patients’ health data in a holistic manner.
- Interpretation, Risk stratification, and Management of this data in line with standard operating procedures and NICE guidelines.
- Able to provide evidence based lifestyle advice
- Prescribing / altering medications for patients with LTCs
- Providing clinical leadership to future members of the clinical team.
Non Clinical Responsibilities
- Maintaining at all times a regard for patient safety and dignity.
- Onboarding patients to Suvera’s platform.
- Building and maintaining trust with patients.
- Maintaining contemporaneous clinical notes within Suvera’s and GP Partners systems.
- Being proactively involved in Quality Outcomes Framework (QOF).
- Liaising with and assisting members of the operations/product/technology teams
- Supporting and participating in shared learning within Suvera and our GP Partners
- Take a proactive role in audits and statistics relating to patient activity.
- Assist in the development and improvement of the Suvera’s systems and services.
- Undertaking other administrative duties where reasonably required.
👀 We're looking for someone who:
- You are currently working as a clinical pharmacist within an NHS Primary Care setting.
- You are a current member of a medical professional defense organisation
- You an independent prescriber and have completed a GPhC-accredited course/or equivalent
- You are currently registered with the GPC and act at all times within the boundaries of it’s code of Professional Conduct.
- You have excellent communication skills, both written and spoken.
- You feel confident communicating with patients via their preferred communication channel which could include email, messaging, telephone, or video calls
- You are IT literate, and able to work with a variety of software systems, including but not limited to Emis Web, SystmOne, Microsoft Office.
- You are enthusiastic about your role of improving the health and wellbeing of your patients
- You are excited about being involved with transforming the future of healthcare delivery for patients with long-term conditions
- You are personable, polite and approachable
- You are flexible, proactive and willing to learn
- You are a team player
- You are aware and can acknowledge your own limitations when delivering care
- You are comfortable seeking advice and support from the wider clinical team when necessary
As a bonus!
- You have previous experience working for a digital healthcare provider
🌎 About our culture:
For Suvera, company culture is not an afterthought - it is a priority. Our diverse team helps us ensure we consider everyone’s experience of accessing healthcare when building our product.
The wellbeing of our staff is key, and our policies reflect it. We all have up to 40 days annual leave, and encourage and enable flexibility and autonomy over your work. We are non-hierarchical in our ideas, processes and decision-making — if you have an idea, we want to hear it. Always.
The way we work is remote-first. In practice, this means our whole company is set up around not requiring a meeting to make decisions. We have an asynchronous approach to work which encourages documentation and async comms.
- A team that is diverse by default, prioritises wellness and inclusion, and is not afraid to tackle meaty challenges together
- Strong clinical leadership and a fantastic support team
- Live clinical, operation and tech support via instant messaging
- Proactively organised community-building events and meet-ups on and offline
- Equipment Budget
- Annual Education Budget (e.g. CPD qualified courses, etc.)
- Annual Wellbeing Budget (e.g. health insurance, gym membership, etc.)
- We match your pension contributions (5% employer for 5% employee contribution)
- Access to free external financial advice, mental health support and therapy sessions
- Medical indemnity cover for all Suvera work
- 40 days annual leave pro rata (inclusive of bank holidays)
- 5 days paid study leave pro rata for approved courses
- Remote work from wherever you are in the UK