🤔 About the Role:
We are looking for experienced, forward-thinking Independent Prescribing Pharmacists to remotely manage patients with long-term conditions in a Primary Care setting. You will run your own clinic from home and work with other members of our clinical team and report to a Clinical Team Lead.
We are open to both full time (40 hours worked over 5 days per week) and part time (minimum of 3 days per week) applicants for this role. Please indicate when applying if you are applying for a full time or part time role.
This role will be compensated with a base salary of £53,000 - £55,000 pa (depending on experience) full time, pro-rata for part time roles, and and other benefits detailed below.
Summary of our benefits: Flexible working, annual leave entitlement of 32 days plus 8 public holidays (pro rata for part time roles), budget for learning and wellbeing. Location: Remote (UK based)
Please note that a Disclosure will be requested in the event that you are successful and are offered & accept a role with Suvera. The DBS Code of Practice which governs these checks can be found here.
👋 About Suvera:
Suvera is a digital health start-up on a mission to keep people in good health wherever they are in the world. We partner with general practices in the UK to deliver a virtual clinic that proactively supports the management of patients with long-term conditions. Today, we manage over 40,000 patients and have a robust pipeline to more than 10x that by the end of 2023. We have merely scratched the surface for what we can do for both clinical operations and chronic care pathways.
We have a team of phenomenal advisors, including Professor Bryan Williams who is the chair of Medicine at UCL and the man behind high blood pressure guidelines for the UK. We are a small (c. 50 people) cross-functional team from all backgrounds, and have our our own internal Care Team which employs both clinicians and care advisors.
We are backed by Google for Startups and the preeminent, global healthcare and technology venture capital firm Morningside Ventures, led by Dr. Gerald Chan.
We have honest ambitions to become the largest healthcare provider in the world.
💻 What you'll be doing:
- The post holder will work within their clinical competencies to provide specialist pharmaceutical support to patients that Suvera is supporting via our NHS Partners
- Working across multiple partner organisations, the role will have a predominantly patient facing element. Including chronic disease management, repeat prescription management and structured medication reviews
- The post holder will need to be proactively involved in quality improvement and audit as well as managing some aspects of the Quality and Outcomes Framework
- The post holder will be supported to help develop the role as the clinical team grows
- Collecting and recording patients’ health data in a holistic manner
- Interpretation, Risk stratification, and Management of this data in line with standard operating procedures and NICE guidelines
- Able to provide evidence based lifestyle advice
- Prescribing / altering medications for patients with LTCs
- Providing clinical leadership to future members of the clinical team
Non Clinical Responsibilities
- Maintaining at all times a regard for patient safety and dignity
- Onboarding patients to Suvera’s platform.
- Building and maintaining trust with patients
- Maintaining contemporaneous clinical notes within Suvera’s and GP Partners systems
- Being proactively involved in Quality Outcomes Framework (QOF)
- Liaising with and assisting members of the operations/product/technology teams
- Supporting and participating in shared learning within Suvera and our GP Partners
- Take a proactive role in audits and statistics relating to patient activity.
- Assist in the development and improvement of the Suvera’s systems and services
- Undertaking other administrative duties where reasonably required
👀 We're looking for someone who:
- You have a minimum of 12 months experience as a clinical pharmacist within an NHS Primary Care setting
- You are a current member of a medical professional defense organisation
- You an independent prescriber and have completed a GPhC-accredited course/or equivalent
- You are currently registered with the GPC and act at all times within the boundaries of it’s code of Professional Conduct
- You have excellent communication skills, both written and spoken
- You feel confident communicating with patients via their preferred communication channel which could include email, messaging, telephone, or video calls
- You are IT literate, and able to work with a variety of software systems, including but not limited to Emis Web, SystmOne, Microsoft Office
- You are enthusiastic about your role of improving the health and wellbeing of your patients
- You are excited about being involved with transforming the future of healthcare delivery for patients with long-term conditions
- You are personable, polite and approachable
- You are flexible, proactive and willing to learn
- You are a team player
- You are aware and can acknowledge your own limitations when delivering care
- You are comfortable seeking advice and support from the wider clinical team when necessary
As a bonus!
- You have previous experience working for a digital healthcare provider
🌎 About our culture:
For Suvera, company culture is not an afterthought - it is a priority. Our diverse team helps us ensure we consider everyone’s experience of accessing healthcare when building our product.
The wellbeing of our team is key, and our policies reflect it. We have 32 days annual leave (in addition to the usual bank holidays), and encourage and enable flexibility and autonomy over your work. We are non-hierarchical in our ideas, processes and decision-making — if you have an idea, we want to hear it. Always.
The way we work is remote-first. In practice, this means our whole company is set up around not requiring a meeting to make decisions. We have an asynchronous approach to work which encourages documentation and async comms.
- A team that is diverse by default, prioritises wellness and inclusion, and is not afraid to tackle meaty challenges together
- Strong clinical leadership and a fantastic support team
- Live clinical, operation and tech support via instant messaging
- Proactively organised community-building events and meet-ups on and offline
- Equipment Budget on joining
- Annual Education Budget (e.g. CPD qualified courses, etc.)
- Annual Wellbeing Budget (e.g. health insurance, gym membership, etc.)
- We match your pension contributions (5% employer : 5% employee contribution)
- Access to free external financial advice, mental health support and therapy sessions
- Medical indemnity cover for all Suvera work
- 32 days annual leave (inclusive of bank holidays), pro-rata for part time roles
- 5 days paid study leave pro-rata for approved courses
- Remote work from wherever you are in the UK