🤔 About the Role:
We are looking for a senior data engineer to join us in building the future of healthcare at Suvera. This is a role for someone who is passionate about technology and wants to use their skills to make an impact and improve people’s lives. This role is a first hire for data engineering and as such, will need to able to work independently and hit the ground running. This role will report into our Data Analytics Manager and is available immediately.
This role is compensated with a base salary up to £90,000 per annum (depending on experience and qualifications) with an equity package that is comparable to others at a similar level at the company.
Please note that a Disclosure will be requested in the event that you are successful and are offered & accept a role with Suvera. The DBS Code of Practice which governs these checks can be found here.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE, THANK YOU.
👋 About Suvera:
Suvera is a digital health start-up on a mission to keep people in good health wherever they are in the world. We partner with general practices in the UK to deliver a virtual clinic that proactively supports the management of patients with long-term conditions. We’ve grown 10x over 2023 and now manage over 100,000 patients. We are planning further growth by more than 5x by the end of 2024. We have merely scratched the surface for what we can do for both clinical operations and chronic care pathways.
We have a team of phenomenal advisors, including Professor Bryan Williams who is the chair of Medicine at UCL and the man behind high blood pressure guidelines for the UK. We are a small (c. 60 people) cross-functional team from all backgrounds, and have our our own internal Care Team which employs both clinicians and care advisors.
We are backed by Google for Startups and the preeminent, global healthcare and technology venture capital firm Morningside Ventures, led by Dr. Gerald Chan. We have ambitions to become the largest healthcare provider in the world.
👋 About our tech team
Our tech team aims to create seamless technology that improves patient experience and empowers our in-house clinical team.
We use TypeScript across our stack (React & Node.js) and declare our infrastructure as code. Using CI/CD we automate deployment onto Serverless architecture. We have robust monitoring, logging and reporting using AWS Cloudwatch and Sentry, and we collaborate using Git, Slack and Notion.
We have a bespoke data pipeline to ingest clinical data from GP practice Electronic Health Records (EHRs) to our MongoDB database. Our data and analytics stack currently relies on Fivetran, dbt, Snowflake, Hightouch, Tableau and Mixpanel to enable data driven decisions across the business.
We are very aware that the products we build are relied on to provide care and that our data is highly sensitive and keep security and stability at the core of everything we build.
At the moment, the tech team has people who identify as LGBTQ+, working parents, and is racially and ethnically diverse across three continents (Africa, Asia and Europe) & 7 nationalities and counting!
💻 What you'll be doing:
- Collaborate with the engineering and data analytics teams to improve our data infrastructure
- Guide and implement architectural improvements to our data infrastructure to support our rapidly growing team and the scale of our service
- Work with the rest of the analytics team to support uptake of best practices in db
- Evolve our CI/CD strategy across the data and analytics stacks to improve reliability and stability with a focus on automation and testing
- Advise on data modelling decisions to ensure our schemas in both runtime and analytical workloads are efficient and scalable
- Work in cross functional teams with product, design, engineering and clinicians to achieve a common goal
- Play an integral part in developing the team culture and processes - this is just as important as your technical skills
- Contribute to creating the future of the healthcare industry
👀 We're looking for someone who:
- Have worked for at least 4 years using a modern data and analytics stack
- Have experience working in a cross functional team
- Have a strong understanding on how to develop a scalable, reliable, secure and accessible data and analytics stack and is keen to learn more
- Have experience in automated testing of analytical processing and is excited to build at speed a robust product which will be used by patients across the UK
- You’re passionate about developing products that have a meaningful impact on people’s lives
- You are an outstanding communicator (verbal and written) with excellent presentation skills
- You have excellent problem solving skills and have a proactive can-do attitude, with the ability to maintain a positive approach to challenges and change
- You enjoy working collaboratively
- You’re curious and want to learn more and are keen to willingly share your knowledge with others
- You want to contribute to creating the future of the healthcare industry
- You want to grow with the company and be part of creating the tech team culture at Suvera
- You are keen to support and mentor team members
🌎 About our culture:
For Suvera, company culture is not an afterthought - it is a priority. Our diverse team helps us ensure we consider everyone’s experience of accessing healthcare when building our product.
The wellbeing of our team is key, and our policies reflect it. We all have up to 40 days annual leave, and encourage and enable flexibility and autonomy over your work. We are non-hierarchical in our ideas, processes and decision-making — if you have an idea, we want to hear it. Always.
The way we work is remote-first. In practice, this means our whole company is set up around not requiring a meeting to make decisions. We have an asynchronous approach to work which encourages documentation and async comms.
- A team that is diverse by default, prioritises wellness and inclusion, and is not afraid to tackle meaty challenges together
- Proactively organised community-building events and meetups on and offline (including our monthly team dinners)
- We cover all necessary working expenses, e.g. software or equipment
- Company expense cover for lunches/coffees and other work related expenses
- We match your pension contributions
- We provide access to free external mental health support and therapy sessions
- £1000 annual budget for learning and wellbeing
- Up to 40 days holiday a year (plus bank holidays)
- Remote work from anywhere in the UK although we've love for this role to work at least once a week from our London office
- No internal meetings before 10am (unless urgent)
- No internal meetings on Friday (unless urgent)
💻 Our interview process
- Stage 1 - Discussion with our Engineering Director and a member of the engineering team to introduce the company and hear about your background (Estimated time: 45 mins)
- Stage 2 - A technical test with our Technical Director and Data Analytics Manager to explore how you approach problems and your familiarity with our stack or comparable tools (Estimated time: 1 hour)
- Stage 3 - Discussion with our Engineering Director and another member of the leadership team on ways of working in a cross functional team (Estimated time: 45 mins)