🤔 About the Role:
We are looking for a a Head of Data to join us in building the future of healthcare at Suvera. This is a role for someone who is passionate about technology and wants to use their skills to make an impact and improve people’s lives.
This role will report to the Director of Engineering - compensated with a base salary up to 100k depending on experience and qualifications (not including equity package)
Please note that a Disclosure will be requested in the event that you are successful and are offered a role with Suvera. The DBS Code of Practice which governs these checks can be found here.
👋 About Suvera:
Suvera is a digital health start-up on a mission to keep people in good health wherever they are in the world. We partner with general practices in the UK to deliver a virtual clinic that proactively supports the management of patients with long-term conditions. Today, we manage over 100,000 patients and have a robust pipeline to more than 5x that by the end of 2024. We have merely scratched the surface for what we can do for both clinical operations and chronic care pathways.
We have a team of phenomenal advisors, including Professor Bryan Williams who is the chair of Medicine at UCL and the man behind high blood pressure guidelines for the UK. We are a small (c. 70 people) cross-functional team from all backgrounds, and have our our own internal Care Team which employs both clinicians and care advisors.
We are backed by Google for Startups and the preeminent, global healthcare and technology venture capital firm Morningside Ventures, led by Dr. Gerald Chan. We have ambitions to become the largest healthcare provider in the world.
About the technology team:
Our tech team aims to create seamless technology that improves patient experience and empowers our in-house clinical team.
We use TypeScript across our stack (React & Node.js) and declare our infrastructure as code. Using CI/CD we automate deployment onto Serverless architecture. We have robust monitoring, logging and reporting using AWS Cloudwatch and Sentry, and we collaborate using Git, Slack and Notion.
We have a bespoke data pipeline to ingest clinical data from GP practice Electronic Health Records (EHRs) to our MongoDB database. Our data and analytics stack currently relies on Fivetran, dbt, Snowflake, Hightouch, Tableau and Mixpanel to enable data driven decisions across the business.
We are very aware that the products we build are relied on to provide care and that our data is highly sensitive and keep security and stability at the core of everything we build.
At the moment, the tech team has people who identify as LGBTQ+, working parents, and is racially and ethnically diverse with 7 nationalities and counting!
💻 What you'll be doing :
- Managing our analytics team which is made up of data analysts, EHR analysts (analysts specialising in data from Electronic Health Records used by GP practices) and a data engineer
- Establish the culture of the analytics team and create a data driven culture in the wider company
- Working with the team to define priorities and create a roadmap for the analytics team and ensure we can balance ad hoc business request with delivering on this roadmap
- Maintaining and improving a great culture in the analytics team
- Working with the team to ensure our analytics stack is fit for purpose, robust and scalable
👀 We're looking for someone who:
- At least 2 years experience leading the data function at a fast growing startup
- Worked for at least 4 years using a modern data and analytics stack
- A strong understanding on how to develop a scalable, reliable, secure and accessible data and analytics stack and is keen to learn more
- Experience of leading, supporting and mentoring team members to enable their growth
- Experience working in a cross functional team
- Outstanding communication skills and be passionate about helping people outside of analytics understand data
- Is passionate about developing products that have a meaningful impact on people’s lives and want to contribute to creating the future of the healthcare industry
- Wants to grow with the company and be part of creating the tech team culture at Suvera
- Enjoys in-person collaboration. Our tech team enjoy working together and we find it super productive when we get together once a week. We are remote-first, but we warmly welcome some in-person, mutually supportive working.
Nice to have
- Experience working in Health Tech
🌎 About our culture:
For Suvera, company culture is not an afterthought - it is a priority. Our diverse team helps us ensure we consider everyone’s experience of accessing healthcare when building our product.
The wellbeing of our team is key, and our policies reflect it. We all have up to 40 days annual leave, and encourage and enable flexibility and autonomy over your work. We are non-hierarchical in our ideas, processes and decision-making — if you have an idea, we want to hear it. Always.
The way we work is remote-first. In practice, this means our whole company is set up around not requiring a meeting to make decisions. We have an asynchronous approach to work which encourages documentation and async comms.
- A team that is diverse by default, prioritises wellness and inclusion, and is not afraid to tackle meaty challenges together
- Strong clinical leadership and a fantastic support team
- Proactively organised community-building events and meet-ups on and offline
- Enhanced maternity & paternity pay
- Equipment Budget on joining
- £500 annual Education Budget (e.g. CPD qualified courses, etc.)
- £500 annual Wellbeing Budget (e.g. health insurance, gym membership, etc.)
- We match your pension contributions (5% employer : 5% employee contribution)
- Access to free external financial advice, mental health support and therapy sessions
- 40 days holiday a year (in addition to the usual bank holidays)
- Work from wherever you like within the UK
- No internal meetings before 10am (unless urgent)
- No internal meetings on Friday (unless urgent)