🤔 About the Role:
We are looking for experienced Pharmacy Technicians to remotely manage patients with long-term conditions in a Primary Care setting. You will run your own clinic from home and work with other members of our clinical team. You will report to and be clinically supervised by a Clinical Team Lead. This is a full time role (40 hours per week).
This role will be compensated with a base salary of £27,000 - £30,000 depending on experience and other benefits detailed below.
Summary of our benefits: Flexible working, annual leave entitlement of 32 days plus 8 public holidays, budget for learning and wellbeing, and remote-first working (UK based)
Please note that a Disclosure will be requested in the event that you are successful and are offered & accept a role with Suvera. The DBS Code of Practice which governs these checks can be found here.
👋 About Suvera:
Suvera is a digital health start-up on a mission to keep people in good health wherever they are in the world. We partner with general practices in the UK to deliver a virtual clinic that proactively supports the management of patients with long-term conditions. Today, we manage over 150,000 patients and have a robust pipeline to more than 5x that by the end of 2024. We have merely scratched the surface for what we can do for both clinical operations and chronic care pathways.
We have a team of phenomenal advisors, including Professor Bryan Williams who is the chair of Medicine at UCL and the man behind high blood pressure guidelines for the UK. We are a small (c. 70 people) cross-functional team from all backgrounds, and have our our own internal Care Team which employs both clinicians and care advisors.
We are backed by Google for Startups and the preeminent, global healthcare and technology venture capital firm Morningside Ventures, led by Dr. Gerald Chan. We have ambitions to become the largest healthcare provider in the world.
- Work within your clinical competencies to provide specialist pharmaceutical support to patients that Suvera is supporting via our NHS Partners
- Recording of patients health data on Suvera Dashboard & Practice EHR, including - Blood pressure, Height, Weight, Smoking history. Interpretation, Risk stratification, and Management of this data in line with standard operating procedures
- Providing lifestyle advice, including but not limited to: smoking cessation advice; alcohol advice; dietary advice; exercise advice
- Communicating with and assisting other members of the clinical team where appropriate
Governance and Patient Safety
- Participation in Quality Management Processes including audit
- Timely referral of complex cases to appropriate clinician
Administrative / Non Clinical Responsibilities
- Maintaining at all times a regard for patient privacy, safety and dignity
- Onboarding patients to the Suvera Virtual Clinic
- Building and maintaining trust with patients
- Maintaining contemporaneous clinical notes within Suvera’s and GP Partners systems.
- Being proactively involved in Quality Outcomes Framework (QOF) call and recall
- Liaising with and assisting members of the operations/administrative team
- Supporting and participating in shared learning within Suvera and our GP Partners
- Assist in producing audits and statistics relating to patient activity as required
- Assist in the development and improvement of the Suvera’s systems
- Undertakes other administrative duties where required
- Keep up to date with all relevant organisational and role specific training as required (this includes mandatory and other training)
- Attend all meetings within the organisation and external as agreed with your line manager
- Attend regular multi-disciplinary meetings organised by the Care Team in order to discuss and learn from recent significant events relating to clinical practice occurring within Suvera
👀 We're looking for someone who:
- Currently working as a registered Pharmacy Technician within NHS and have more than 12 months experience in this role
- Completed a two-year accredited pharmacy technician course involving a mix of practical work experience and study via GPhC-accredited courses, GPhC-recognised qualifications or a GPhC approved apprenticeship pathways
- Act at all times within the boundaries of the Professional Code of Ethics and Conduct
- Have excellent communication skills, both written and spoken
- Feel confident communicating with patients via their preferred communication channel which could include email, messaging, telephone, or video calls
- IT literate, and able to work with a variety of software systems, including but not limited to Emis Web, SystmOne, Microsoft Office
- Enthusiastic about your role of improving the health and wellbeing of your patients
- Excited about being involved with transforming the future of healthcare delivery for patients with long-term conditions
- Personable, polite and approachable
- Flexible, proactive and willing to learn
- Team player
- Aware and can acknowledge your own limitations when delivering care
- Comfortable seeking advice and support from the wider clinical team when necessary
As a Bonus!
- You have previous experience working for a digital healthcare provider
We welcome all applications from a diverse range of backgrounds and experiences.
If you need any adjustments to support you with your application, let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org in advance so we can put the right support in place for you.
There are various ways in which we can adjust your interview or application including, but not limited to, organising phone calls instead of videos, accepting applications in alternative formats, sharing questions or more context in advance of your interview, additional time in the interview and more. Let us know what you need.
🌎 About our culture:
For Suvera, company culture is not an afterthought - it is a priority. Our diverse team helps us ensure we consider everyone’s experience of accessing healthcare when building our product.
The wellbeing of our team is key, and our policies reflect it - we have up to 32 days annual leave. We are non-hierarchical in our ideas, processes and decision-making — if you have an idea, we want to hear it. Always.
The way we work is remote-first. In practice, this means our whole company is set up around not requiring a meeting to make decisions. We have an asynchronous approach to work which encourages documentation and async comms.
- A team that is diverse by default, prioritises wellness and inclusion, and is not afraid to tackle meaty challenges together
- Strong clinical leadership and a fantastic support team
- Live clinical, operation and tech support via instant messaging
- Proactively organised community-building events and meet-ups on and offline
- Enhanced maternity & paternity pay
- Equipment Budget on joining
- £500 annual Education Budget (e.g. CPD qualified courses, etc.)
- £500 annual Wellbeing Budget (e.g. health insurance, gym membership, etc.)
- We match your pension contributions (5% employer : 5% employee contribution)
- Access to free external financial advice, mental health support and therapy sessions
- Medical indemnity cover for all Suvera work
- 32 days annual leave (inclusive of bank holidays)
- 5 days paid study leave for approved courses
- Remote-first work from wherever you are in the UK